Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Statement
This statement sets out Pochin’s Ltd actions to understand all potential modern slavery risks related to its business and to put in place steps that are aimed at ensuring that there is no slavery or human trafficking in its own business or supply chains.
This statement relates to actions and activities during the financial year 1 March 2018 to 28th February 2019
Pochin’s Ltd is a Northwest based Construction Company established in the 1930’s. Our core business is Construction and Property Development.
Responsibility for the Company’s anti- slavery initiatives is as follow:
• Policies: The Financial Director for putting this policy in place and reviewing annually.
• Risk Assessments: The Company operates a strict vetting process for all prospective employees including agency workers ensuring proof of residence, qualifications and CSCS card to perform the job. This responsibility lies with HR.
• Investigation/due diligence: Surveyors and Subcontractor Co-ordinators as part of pre-start questionnaires for subcontractors
• Raising awareness: HR and Intranet
We operate a number of internal policies to ensure we are conducting business in an ethical and transparent manner.
• Anti Bribery
• Equality and Diversity
• Dignity at Work
The Company is committed to ensuring that its suppliers adhere to the highest standard of ethics and can demonstrate the steps taken to ensure there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in any part of their business.
Suppliers are required to demonstrate that they provide safe working conditions, treat workers with dignity and respect and act ethically within the law in their use of labour.
Serious violations of the company’s policy will lead to the termination of the business relationship.
The Company has raised awareness of modern slavery issues by:
• Displaying posters and flyers around sites to raise awareness and informing employees how they can identify the signs of slavery and human trafficking and what to do to flag up potential slavery or trafficking issues.
• Induction Training for employees and subcontractors
• Annual staff communications
This statement has been approved by Board of Directors who will review and update annually